Jammu and Kashmir Trade Promotion Organization (JKTPO), A J&K Government Undertaking has been incorporated as a Joint Venture of Government of J&K, Indian Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO), Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) and Carpet Export Promotion Council (CEPC), Government of India Undertaking under the Companies Act, 2013 on 30th May 2018.
The aims & objectives of organization are as under:
- To promote, organize, manage and participate in handicrafts/handlooms/industrial trade, other fairs and exhibitions in India and abroad and to take, all measures incidental thereto for promoting Indian Industry, especially in the UT of Jammu & Kashmir and enhance its global competitiveness.
- To build, support, maintain, increase and promote trade related activities and infrastructure in the UT of Jammu and Kashmir by such methods as may be necessary or expedient, and without prejudice to the generality of the premised.
- To build, support, maintain such activities like e commerce trade in the UT of Jammu and Kashmir by such methods as may be necessary.
- To organize trade fairs and exhibitions and invite wider participation in export promotion activities like:
- Buyers Sellers Meet;
- Contact Promotion Programs;
- India promotions with Departmental Stores;
- Product Specific Promotions;
- Product Development Adaption;
- Undertake Market Studies, Research work to determine Market; potential;
- Export Promotion Measures to tap export opportunities;
- One to one interaction between the Companies, distributors, dealers for business opportunities, networking, Joint Ventures, strategic alliances, informal meetings, technology transfer, vendor developments and sales promotion.
- To publicize in India and overseas, the International Trade Fairs and Exhibitions to be held in the UT of Jammu and Kashmir and other parts of India and overseas and invite the foreign as well as Indian participants to participate in them.
- To organize and undertake trade in commodities connected with or relating to the fairs and exhibitions in India and abroad and to undertake the purchase, storing and transport of such commodities in India or anywhere else in the world.
- To undertake promotion of exports and to explore new market for traditional items of export and develop exports of new items with a view to maintaining, diversifying and expanding the export trade.
- To develop, manage and run infrastructure projects of Government of India, Government of J&K and like institutions related to trade, export, e commerce etc.
- To serve as a reference point in the UT of Jammu and Kashmir for Indian Industry and the International Business Community.